Chlamydia is one of the highest reported sexually transmitted diseases in the US. Some estimates put the number of people infected per year to over 3 million.
As in the case of any other disease, it is best to know in time to get the proper treatment. It is important to get tested in time even if you are showing no symptoms but may have indulged in some activity that could cause Chlamydia. Chlamydia does not show any symptoms early on.
If you don’t feel comfortable visiting your doctor for consultation or nearby testing center for the medical test, you can get an at-home chlamydia test kit and send back the sample to the lab, and get results for chlamydia testing just sitting in your home.
Order your at-home Chlamydia test kit and get screened from the comfort of your home.
At-Home Chlamydia Testing in the US
Get your at-home Chlamydia test kit
At-home Chlamydia STD testing costs about $74 in the U.S.
No prior appointment is required. Order your test kit online, post back the sample to the mentioned address and get the results in your email in 2 to 3 business days.
The home test kit delivery is available across the US. Once you send back the sample, reports are sent to you within the next 5 days.
Name of our Partner Labs
(Home Test Kit)
What is Chlamydia?
Chlamydia is one of the most common STDs found in the United States. Chlamydia is caused by a bacterium called Chlamydia trachomatis which infects both men and women. Lymphogranuloma venereum is the other type of STD caused by this bacterium.
Chlamydia is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Sexually active young people get infected by Chlamydia easily when having unprotected sex or when having sex with multiple partners. A woman having Chlamydia can pass it to her child at birth. Chlamydia cannot be transmitted through casual contact like sharing food or drinks, kissing, hugging, holding hands, coughing, sneezing, or sitting on the toilet seat.
What are the symptoms of Chlamydia?
A chlamydia-infected person does not show any symptoms for several weeks even after the infection or until it spreads to other body parts.
Chlamydia Symptoms in Women
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Swelling in the vagina
- Painful sex
- Vaginal bleeding during sexual intercourse
- Abdominal pain or back pain
Chlamydia Symptoms in Men
- Pain in the urethra
- Milky, watery discharge from the penis
- Pain or swelling in the testicles
- Pain while urinating
- Pain or bleeding while urinating
- Urge to urinate
- Itching, bleeding or mucus discharge in the rectum
- Redness or itching in the eye
- Sore throat, cough, or fever
Why should you test for Chlamydia?
Many people believe they don’t need to get tested for Chlamydia unless they are exhibiting symptoms, but that’s not the case. Every sexually active person should be tested regularly for Chlamydia and other STIs, even if they don’t notice any symptoms. Chlamydia is highly-transmissible and is ranked number #1 in active STD. case types. As many as 70% of STIs present mild symptoms or no symptoms at all and can have serious, long-term health consequences if left untreated. Even if a particular STI is not a serious risk to your health, it is very likely a serious risk to your partner.
Many STIs, including Chlamydia, have more dangerous consequences for women than for men, especially pregnant women. Some can cause complications with pregnancy, including early delivery, birth defects, and stillbirth. For this reason, you should never assume that you do not have Chlamydia or other STD simply because you are not experiencing symptoms.
Order your at-home Chlamydia test kit – Options
At-home STD testing panel cost ranges between $99 and $249 in the U.S. If you are unsure of what STD you might have been infected with (as most STDs have similar symptoms), we recommend getting testing for a panel of STDs then a singular test to best assess your exposure.
Taking multiple STD tests individually might be more expensive, rather go with a comprehensive test package which is considerably low cost compared to all the individual tests summed up.
No prior appointment is required. Order your test kit online, post back the sample to the mentioned address, and get the results in your email in 2 to 3 business days.
The home test kit delivery is available across the US. Once you send back the sample, reports are sent to you within the next 5 days. Top-selling STD test packages are given below:
2 Panel STD at Home Test ($99) – Get tested for the 2 most common STDs sitting at home – Chlamydia, and Gonorrhea – Order Now
5 Panel STD at Home Test ($149) – Get 5 tests sitting at home. HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, & Trichomoniasis – Order Now
8 Panel STD at Home Test ($249) – Get the most comprehensive home STD test kit covering Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV (I & II), Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, Syphilis, Trichomoniasis, Mycoplasma Genitalium, and Gardnerella – Order Now
Other topics you may be interested in:-
- How much does Planned Parenthood STD testing cost?
- What is the clap STD? Why is Gonorrhea called the clap?
- What are the types of STDs that cause blood in urine?
- Growth Hormone (GH) Test Cost in the U.S.
- Signs and Symptoms of Oral Syphilis
- Lyme disease test cost in the U.S.
- Hepatitis A Symptoms, Treatment & Prevention
- CA 125 Test Cost in the U.S.
- Importance of Progesterone & Fertility Testing
- Liver function, LFT test cost in the U.S.
- Food Sensitivity Test Cost in the U.S.
- Cost of HIV test in the U.S.
- MCH Blood Test Cost in the U.S.
- Importance of Prolactin Hormone & Fertility
- Oral STDs: Names, Symptoms, Treatment and Testing Cost
- Herpes Vs. HPV: Differences, Symptoms, and Testing Cost
- Estradiol (E2) Hormone: Normal Levels, Importance in Women Fertility and Testing Cost
- Why Do I Have Vaginal Burning Sensation? More About Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
- Is Mycoplasma Genitalium an STD? – Know more about the Symptoms & Treatment for MG